Tell the readers a story! Because without a story, you are merely using words to prove you can string them together in logical sentences.
– Anne McCaffrey
Are you submitting to one of our contests? If so, please submit using the contest submission form rather than the standard story submission form. You can find the contest submission form(s) on the Contests Page or from the Submissions uber menu. If you are submitting a story for only publication consideration, please continue on this page.
Story64 is looking for original content. Please review our criteria, listed below, before submitting your story. When submitting, please expect up to a 60 day turnaround for a decision. Every submission will receive a reply. We accept electronic submissions only. You must be logged into Story64 in order to participate. A free account can be created via our Registration Page.
Grammar: Apart from literary creativity, Story64 reserves the right to correct overt mistakes to grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Do not use bold or underlines. Appropriately used italics is allowed.
- Format? Stories must be exactly 64 words long using our Word Counter Page.
- Multiple Submissions? Yes. Multiple Submissions are allowed up to 3 pending at a time. Please do not combine submissions, however. Send each story separately.
- Simultaneous Submissions? Yes, but please remember to request a withdrawal of your story. You can request a withdrawal of a submission any time prior to an issuance of acceptance from Story64 using our Story Withdrawal Page.
- Reprints? No. We consider a story previously published if it has been in print or listed publicly anywhere on the internet including blogs, Facebook, or forums.
- Rights Story64 Retains? First Electronic Rights, Archival Rights.
DON’T GET BLACKLISTED: Please follow all submission and story criteria. Authors not submitting within our carefully laid out guidelines, can potentially be blacklisted from Story64. Visit our Don’t Get Blacklisted Page for further details.
WORD COUNTER: Here is our word counter; feel free to use this to double-check your story submission.
You must be logged into Story64 in order to submit a story. This is to avoid spam submissions.